Are you a motivated sales hunter and a creative self-starter looking for an entrepreneurial environment to grow your career?
Do you dream of owning a piece of the organization you’re helping to grow?
NYSHEX is seeking a trailblazing Export Account Executive who will drive our expansion into new and existing segments and verticals.
What you will do:
- Develop plans and target lists, build brand awareness, and initiate relationships with BCOs/NVOs in new strategic segments to increase the number of trading NYSHEX members.
- Convert inbound marketing qualified leads as well as generate your own leads through your network, industry events, and outbound sales efforts.
- Maintain a lead and opportunity pipeline in CRM (Hubspot) and identify the levers that increase conversion rates.
- Conduct presentations to target members, persuasively educating them on the value of enforceable shipping contracts through NYSHEX.
- Leverage virtual conferencing tools and conduct site visits as needed to cultivate partnerships.
- Dig deep into each segment to understand the market, customer needs, and pain points.
- Interact with and build relationships with all key stakeholders in the decision-making process to close the business.
- Provide a product-market fit feedback loop into product management for tech enhancement.
- Work closely with NYSHEX Operations and Member Services to ensure successful onboarding and excellent first trade experience.
- Build relationships on the ground with carrier sales executives and other industry stakeholders to develop new opportunities.
- Contribute to digital marketing campaigns with market feedback and the drafting of content to drive initiatives in key segments.
- Play a critical role in the execution of conferences and PR events to promote the company and brand.
Who you are/What you have done:
- 3+ years of experience of demonstrated success in sales roles within the shipping industry required.
- You have high emotional intelligence and sense of professionalism
- True consultative business approach with your clients.
- Comfortable building relationships at all levels from the booking team to senior executives.
- Dynamic presentation and public speaking skills.
- Display strong closing techniques throughout the sales cycle.
- Strong networking capabilities.
- Ability to work within a team and independently and in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a network of BCOs/NVOs you can tap into today.
- Have experience selling shipping technology, SaaS, exchanges or marketplaces.
- Have experience generating new business for a startup or small organization.
Why you should consider this role:
This is a hunting, versus a farming sales position with significant bonus potential. The right individual for this role is one who can formulate a vision for success and is relentless in pursuing it. In this role, you’ll chart your own course and have full support and autonomy to be successful. You'll report to the VP, Sales and Marketing and there is substantial opportunity for upward mobility as our fast-growing upstart continues to scale.
- The people – we work hard, come from all backgrounds, and we support one another.
- The diversity - every day is different.
- The excitement – we are in uncharted waters, transforming an industry.
- The autonomy and the equity – you are building a company you own a piece of!
- Competitive salary, medical and dental day one of employment, and 401k matching.
- NYSHEX believes we can change the world for the better and we empower our colleagues to support the causes which matter to them.
About us: NYSHEX is transforming the centuries-old shipping industry by solving its problems of inefficiency, unpredictability, and volatility and looking to capture $23 billion of economic waste annually! All of us here at NYSHEX are passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
Location: Nationwide/Remote. (NYC Metro area is preferred but not required). Up to 50% travel may be necessary (once it is safe to do so).